Saturday, September 30, 2006

London Mix

Although I should be packing and doing laundry, I instead put together the following playlist for London listening:

01. London Calling - The Clash
(of course)

02. London's Brilliant Parade - Elvis Costello
(Just look at me I'm having the time of my life / Or something quite like it / When I'm walking out and around / In London's Brilliant Parade)

03. London Bye Ta Ta - David Bowie

04. Waterloo Sunset - The Kinks
(if nothing else, this'll remind me to catch a sunset at Waterloo station)

05. Rain - The Beatles
(common weather manifestation in London, and the song was recorded there)

06. Down to London - Joe Jackson

07. The Great London Traffic Warden - Morcheeba

08. Fog - Kristin Hersh
(Apparently they don't have the pea-soup fogs like they used to. Those were caused by burning coal.)

09. Sunny South Kensington - Donovan

10. London - The Smihs

11. Towers of London - XTC

12. Bwana - Lindsey Buckingham
(Bwana means "visitor," and his last name is Buckingham. It was this or "Kind of A Drag" by the Buckinghams.)

13. The English Roses - The Pretenders

14. Baby Britain - Elliott Smith

15. London's Burning - The Clash

16. Underground - Tom Waits
(The train system is called the Underground)

17. Victoria - The Kinks

18. Piccadilly Palare - Morrissey
(I guess this song is probably more about blowjobs than London, but I suppose the two aren't mutually exclusive, and Piccadilly is a part of London. Also mentions Earl's Court and other place names. Plus it starts with howling wolves, which saved me from having to put "Werewolves of London" on.)

19. London Song - The Breeders

20. Veins of the Queen - Robyn Hitchcock
(You might think you know your friends / Even when they're on a screen /Yeah, but nobody pretends /That they really know the Queen)

21. Saturday Morning - The Eels
(I'm gonna be there for two Saturday mornings, and they apparently eat eels over there)

22. Boiled Potato - Blake Babies
(They eat these as well. Boiled potatoes, not Blake Babies.)

23. River of Orchids - XTC
(I heard the dandelions roar in Piccadilly Circus / River of orchids winding my way / Want to walk into London on my hands one day / River of orchids the road overgrows / Want to walk into London smelling like a peckham rose)

Fits on a cd, too!

1 comment:

Dirk Diggler said...

Aaaah-ooooooooooooooo
Werewolves of London
Aaaah-ooooooooooooooo