Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Phoctober the second


A year ago today was my big trip to England. Well, a year ago today is when my flight was supposed to depart Chicago. Instead we sat on the runway for hours and hours and someone threw up on me and we didn't actually get airborne until a few hours into October third. You can click the "England" tag to read more about my trip (after the inauspicious start, it was a really great trip). As a bonus, the pages will load in reverse chronological order, so it'll be a bit like if the film Memento was about a guy going to England on vacation (or "holiday" as they say over there for some reason.)

It was on this trip that I began to realize that I needed a better camera than the cheapo consumer model I had brought with me. Here are some of my favorite shots from the trip. Many more here.





8 comments:

Rachel Green said...

Lovely shots!
I love England.

Taffiny said...

Love the tree. (or rather your photo of that scene)

quality looks good to me (but then I am taking photos via video, which is so less than ideal)

Wanderlust Scarlett said...

Such great photos. Can't even pick a favorite.

Thanks for posting them.

I have some Colorado autumn shots up at my page. Finally.
Will have more in the coming week; will put Phoctober up on them then and reference your page.

Scarlett & Viaggiatore

Unknown said...

These are great photos Maht. Holiday is a great word, in fact it's one of my favourite words. 25 days to the next one! He he.

The Moon Topples said...

Leatherdyke: You and me, both, sister.

Taffiny: It was the top shot that did me in. Tricking a consumer camera into doing selective focus took forever. Much , much happier with the SLR I have now.

Scarlett: I saw the post, and since you did it during Phoctober, I may just link you and pretend you were playing along.

Ver: Thankya. Wait. 25 days to the next favorite word? What?

Unknown said...

Some excellent photos, Doormaht. (See I spelled it right this time, didn't I?) Hard to pick out a favourite, I like them all.

Unknown said...

Silly Vanilli, it's Mahtress.

Nice photo's - dusting camera as we speak.....

The Moon Topples said...

AbVan: Yes, you spelled it correctly, but I'm thinking I might reject it as a nickname anyway. Makes me seem weak.

Minx: I'm looking forward to see what your eye brings us.