Monday, October 13, 2008

Phoctober the thirteenth

Yes, I am behind in my Phoctoberly duties. Apologies. Illness and other things wedged between me and you, Blogreader, but I am returned. And many Phoctober links adorn the bottom of this post. I hope it catches me up. At least it's all of those who came and said to link them, plus one I went and found, from the very talented Jefferson Davis.

*****

Weeds and soft houses

Saturday, I drove out to the suburbs for a couple of reasons. One was to take some pictures of clay amphibians which I will show you in a later post. While wandering around behind my friend's house to see where we might shoot, I came across what seemed to be a man-made lake surrounded by lush plant life, mud and the flesh and blood analogues to the amphibians I was there to shoot.

I kept walking toward the water. I was technically walking through someone's yard. I heard children playing. It was unseasonably warm. I made my way closer, until I stood on a concrete drainpipe at the mouth of the water. I crouched down upon it, bringing myself close to the water, listening to the staccato ploppings of startled frogs seeking sanctuary in the depths.

I never saw an actual frog, but I did see lilypads. And I snapped a few pictures as well. Today, I give you two weeds, and a house behind them fading off in soft focus.

*****


*****

Other Phoctobering:

All 2008 Phoctober posts from this site.

Minx on a pond, with lilypads much better than the ones I saw.

Taffiny's ode to summer.

Baino joins in with rocks and sea and a lighthouse.

That's So Pants on birds and...well, mainly birds.

Jefferson Davis finds beauty at Furman University.

It isn't too late to join the fun. Just do a photo post, mention Phoctober, and come and tell me about it in the comments.

6 comments:

Baino said...

Welcome back Maht, hope you're feeling better and thanks for getting us motivated. Next post, Sunday 19th! Cheers from Down Under

Unknown said...

Lovely weeds, Mr Moon, I hath phocted again btw.

Anonymous said...

yes! i'm back in time here to admire your fantastic shots!

The Moon Topples said...

Baino: I'll look for it. Come yell at me if I forget to link you, though.

Minx: Thanks for Phoctobering again. Even if I suspect you only do it to try to use "phocted" as a verb.

c.s.: Welcome back, and thanks.

Unknown said...

Darn.

Reading the Signs said...

Are you still up and running, Mr. Moon?