Friday, November 24, 2006

Other blogs

OK, I'm way overdue for a posting. But I'm a bit busy at the moment, so I'm gonna recommend some other places you can go instead:

Shameless Words: Has a touching post about what happened to a favorite blog following a long silence. I like this site a lot, in spite of the fact that I cannot seem to post comments there. I think it's a Blogger beta/non-Beta issue.

Mysterious Musings: A blog by Julia Buckley. No, not that Julia Buckley. She apparently has a name-twin here in the States who is also a writer.

Deep Thinker: She writes poetry and is working on a vampire novel: what more could you ask for? Oh, yeah. Her site is black, too.

Confessions of An Author: Description provided: "Diary of a D-List Author. After two mass-market paperback novels and two non-fiction lifestyle books published, dropped back into the agentless/publisherless black hole." Nicely numbered, too.

5 comments:

Julia Buckley said...

So, you've been sneakily reading The Other Julia Buckley as well eh?

She's lovely actually, and so is her blog.

Have a good weekend on the Nano.

S. Kearney said...

Hey there, thanks for the link. Sorry about the comments thing ... does that mean I should switch to the Beta version? Your site looks great, by the way, and I look forward to reading more of you!

Marie said...

Hi and thanks for the link. Also thanks for your comments on my blog.

Good luck with the writing.

The Moon Topples said...

Julia: I read all sorts of things. I'm just shy about it. Good luck to you as well this weekend. You're within stabbing distance of finishing this thing and claiming your certificate. I heard a rumor that anyone who completes NaNo can get a free paperback copy of their output, as well. It's nice, but having a permanent record of my atrocious first draft is a little daunting.

Shameless: It turns out that I can post comments if I don't use my own login. So I suppose my reluctance to post a comment without showing my picture and getting a free reciprocal link means that you probably don't have a monopoly on shamelessness.

I like Beta better, though. Lots of nifty stuff you can do.

Marie: No problem, glad I could recommend you. I'm trying to find new blogs to read and after some initial misadventures am finding loads of great ones all over the place.

Readers: more links are likely to follow.

Julia Buckley said...

I suspect that you get your paperback copy by printing your stuff on your own printer. I think they'd have too many takers to fulfill that otherwise.

Anyway, I'm with you. I keep worring I might get hit by bus and die and someone will find this novel and wonder what on earth I thought I was doing going around telling people I was writing a novel. There's no way I want to a hardcopy of it hanging around - I'd never dare step foot outside of the house!