Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Reading the entries to the GBA(s)FC...

To read the entries for the GBA(s)FC, click on the large graphic near the top of the left sidebar. Once the new page loads, scroll down past the contest rules and you'll see the entries sitting in a neat little row.

At the time I am writing this, there are 28 (!) stories waiting there to delight you.

One of our authors emailed me today to point out that the earlier submissions appear to be disappearing from the website. What is happening is that Blogger seems to cap their archive pages at 20 entries per page. When you get to the bottom of the page, click "Older Posts" to see the rest. The other solution is to select "February, 2006" from the Unstuck in Time pull-down menu, which loads all of them (without the rules) on a single page. So I guess the predating of the entries serves another handy function.

Some people I have talked to are printing out all the entries in order to read them at leisure. This seems like a pretty good solution as well.

And there's still more than a whole day left for those of you who haven't yet turned in an entry to put together one of your own. 500 words is not so much.

On a personal note, I just want to take a quick sentence or two to say how delighted I am personally by the turnout so far. The collective You seem to have taken this seriously, and I cannot adequately express how thrilled and excited I am that this has turned out so well, with so many truly excellent entries. The voting process, I imagine, will be quite a race.

1 comment:

Nikki Neurotic said...

jury duty totally robbed me of my creativeness. :(