Thursday, February 08, 2007

A reputation besmirched...

"I can not help but cry. I am standing in a puddle made from my own moon topple rejection tears. *wipes snotty nose with palm of hand* But I'll be ok soon though. Don't you go worrying about the heart break that you have caused. I will console myself with a trip to Woolworths." —Caroline, in reply to comments posted both here and on In Search of Adam, which is her site.

Caroline is an author, whose book is not her blog and is coming out soon in lots of places that aren't America. Go read her before her book becomes a phenomena and she hires underlings to do her blogging.

She asked me not to post this, as she is worried I will tarnish her reputation as a serious blogger. She finally granted me permission, provided I bill her simply as "Steve." So go back and read again, substituting "Steve" for "Caroline" and changing the gender pronouns where necessary.

9 comments:

Caroline said...

Mr Moon Topples,

I am writing to inform you that your application for underling writer of In Search of Adam blog (not novel) has been successful.
Please attend the required courses to achieve grade six in fancy font writing. Once certification has been received, you can commence your daily duties.

If your posts are crap, you will be fired.
Many thanks
Steve.

ps - I do hope that you have preordered.

Ces Adorio said...

Plese, plase, tel Caroline, I wan to be her bloger. I can do fonts and I wont post carp, I mean crap. I can spel to.

Ces Adorio said...

Do you think when she becomes famous that she will only blog in Monotype Corsiva font? Moon, you know Caroline is among my top favorites, don't you?

The Moon Topples said...

Steve,

My Moon Toppling duties are far too great for me to take on any additional blogging at this time. I confess I had only applied to see if my writing was any good at all.

The good news is that there's a new applicant, the ever-talented Ces, who can make great use of the spell check function of Blogger to make your blog a continued success. She paints like a dream, as well.

And I have not preordered, Steve, as I never know to any certainty where I will be during the day that far in advance. Once it is released I will have it shipped straightaway to my home or to whatever company has foolishly invited me onto their premises.

Ces: I expect she'll use Copperplate. And she's one of my favorites, too.

Or she was, until I read that post over at The Moon Topples which makes her look kind of silly.

Ms Melancholy said...

Mr Moon, I think you have more than made up for making lovely Caroline cry. And hopefully she can now avoid that Woolworths trip - we know what happened last time. Nice looking blog, by the way x

The Moon Topples said...

See, Caroline? Our therapist says I've compensated enough for making you cry. Guess I'm done here, then. See you guys in group.

Also, thanks Ms. M for your compliment on the new look. The only reason HWDNS said anything was 'cause I was complaining on the telephone that nobody noticed the new look.

This is the equivalent of failing to notice someone's new haircut.

Rick said...

You got a new haircut? ;-)

Julia Buckley said...

Love the new do.

The Moon Topples said...

Kyklops: Well, the blog did. I guess my analogy could use some work.

Julia: Thanks. I was inspired by your recent post about hair dye.