Sunday, October 07, 2007

Phoctober the seventh








I went to a wedding reception last night. A dear old friend tied the knot in Germany over the summer, and last night I got to meet his bride and see quite a few people I had not seen in well over a decade. It was sort of a weird night.

It is possible that I sang in public for the first time in more than five years, in the shadow of an enormous moose head, accompanied by former map of july members Ian and Craig. If this happened, then I was terribly nervous. I would likely have described it as something akin to a weird dream: my old band reuniting for an evening, to play songs we had written in front of an audience of people I knew from high school. I may have further explained that I would experience no surprise should I discover that I was wearing no pants and was completely unprepared for a chemistry test.


*****

Other Phoctobering:

All Phoctober posts from this site.

Verillion gives you seven for the price of one.

Jefferson Davis in the dark.

Absolute Vanilla gives us lions and arches and columns (oh my!).

Jefferson Davis on the unknown dead.

Taffiny keeps her floral theme going, with pink petals.

Vesper gets squirrelly.

It isn't too late to join the fun. Just do a photo post, mention Phoctober, and come and tell me about it in the comments.

7 comments:

Taffiny said...

That's lovely and all, but do tell us more about the cake. It must have been quite good, as it is quite gone. (there isn't any good cake around here)

Sounds surreal, in a good way. So did the singing make you want to sing in public more, or less, or more or less?

Wanderlust Scarlett said...

Very nice, those kind of things can be weird, but good to do.

The photos are very good, I like the hug the best.

Will post more photos tomorrow.


Scarlett & Viaggiatore

Unknown said...

Ah, so you have those wearing no pants trapped in a public place dream, do you?
;-)

Baino said...

Aww, great idea I just wish I knew where to put the batt'rys in me camera. I'm enjoying the perve tho! And . . I love photos with people in them . . .

The Moon Topples said...

Taffiny: The cake was quite good, as was the evening in general, in case I failed to convey that. As for the singing, I really don't know if I'll be doing it again anytime soon.

Scarlett: Yes, the hug was a nice moment and I was very pleased to have captured it. And your new post is linked from the eighth.

AbVan: Actually, I don't. Having been unemployed and in my apartment for much of this long summer, I wouldn't be surprised if I started to have dreams in which the strange thing was that I was wearing pants. Pants, incidentally, in the American sense, meaning trousers, and not the loopy "English" of the English.

Baino: A lot of cameras have a little diagram right there on the body of the camera itself to aid in the insertion of batteries. Thanks for stopping by, and I'm glad you enjoyed yourself.

Unknown said...

That poor baby looks horrified at the destruction of the cake! Great candid shots, I always forget to take pictures when I'm at events like that, but I bet your friends will really like these.

The Moon Topples said...

Ver: The baby/cake juxtaposition was unintentional, but now that you've said it that's all I can see. And at the event, well, I seem to be unable to force myself to take shots where everyone is smiling and looking into the camera. Hopefully the other 40-something cameras filled that role, and my candids provide a slightly different perspective.