Friday, October 20, 2006

The Moon Tapers

OK, so maybe it's not cool to get people used to having daily posts and then to do a post about how I'm sick, and nothing at all for the following several days. I can only assume that some of you were wondering when my body would be flown back from England, and whether you could have my cd collection.

You cannot.

As William Campbell (the guy they brought in to replace the original Paul McCartney following his tragic death in 1966) famously said during the "Paul is Dead" scandal: "The rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated." By which he meant Paul's death, I suppose. It's all very confusing.

And yeah, I know Twain said it first. Campbell/McCartney probably knew that, too.

Anyway, I am back in America, where they are kind enough to put huge doses of alcohol in their "night" remedies. You should have seen the look of horror on the pharmacist's face when I described the contents of Nyquil®. I ended up with something called "Night Nurse," which did not induce drowniness as advertised, or reduce my fever, but took care of some symptoms I did not have quite handily.

I had to delay my depature by a day, which never would have occurred to me if I were simply having a really good time.

My flight was uneventful save for the descent when, due to whatever has taken up residence in my head, the pressure in my ears was so incredibly painful that I was literally writhing around in my seat. Everybody else seemed fine, so I'm sure it was just me. Also, I saw a goblin on the wing, ripping out wiring. He was wearing a United blazer, though, so I assume he knew what he was doing.

Regular blogging resumes today. I have a few stories left to share from England, and will do so when conscious. Just thought I should quickly let you all know I still exist. I missed the Daily Update again, though, so some of you may not find out I'm alive until Monday. I shall guard my cds zealously until then.

My apologies to any of you who grew worried about me, and my thanks to those of you who sent messages wishing a speedy recovery, whether within the comments section or elsewhere.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maht,

Glad to hear from you again. I was getting worried. Not so worried that I would call you like a GOOD friend would, but worried enough to send an email. So, on a scale of 1 to 10, I'd say I was about a 7.

I can't wait to read about the rest of your trip - especially the coughing and wheezing. I'd type more here, but I have to go to Amazon.com and cancel the order I placed for a new CD storage wall-unit.

Dirk

Anonymous said...

Hey Hey!

Welcome back...

Haps