Friday, December 15, 2006

No, you cannot say hello

I'm getting reports that it has become impossible for most of you to post comments these days. Seems only people with a Beta account can post nowadays. There doesn't seem to be anything I can do to fix this. Seems it's been broken for a couple of days now.

I am hopeful that this will resolve itself quickly, but in the meantime, feel free to drop me a line using the email link under the badge to the left.

The official word: "Logging in with an old Blogger account to post a comment on the new Blogger is giving a “please try again later” error. Until we fix this, it may work to log in first at http://www.blogger.com/login.g, and then go to the comments page on the new version of Blogger in beta."

Not sure if this really addresses the whole situation. Anonymous comments don't work, and those don't require a login. And one of my complainants says he's not getting the "please try again later" message at all.

So email me if you wanna, or keep trying the comments until it clicks.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

This must be part of their evil world domination plans that stipulate that everyone must be on the beta version (insert evil laugh here)...

Caroline said...

Hi.
I've figured out how to do it. I opened a goggle account. If you click onto the 'sign into google account', it allows you to create an account and then post on nasty evil Beta!
I've been lurking for days ... so hello!

Cx

The Moon Topples said...

Zorak: You may be right. I'm reminded of an old Onion article: "Starbucks to Begin Sinister 'Phase Two.'"

Caroline: Thanks for the tip, creepy lurker.

Anyone curious about Caroline should click "In Search of Adam" in the links, since she's never made much noise here before.

Nikki Neurotic said...

It's their evil plan for everyone to get tired enough to upgrade...but really, it's not a bad thing.

Caroline said...

I'm no creepy lurker!!!!
I am here jumping up and down and making lots of noise!!!!

Cx - comments are working again.

Anonymous said...

Beta's always acting up. Quite a few bloggers haven't been to able post comments on my blog since I switched to Beta.

Good to have your comments on my blog again, Caroline. Definitely no creepy lurker!

The Moon Topples said...

Caroline: I didn't mean the creepy lurker comment as anything other than a joke. You just said you'd been lurking for days is all. No offense intended.

Marie: I think maybe it's original Blogger that's acting up. You know, because there's no way to go back once you switch, it's safer to think that the problem is with the old system.

And again I apologize for the creepy lurker thing.

S. Kearney said...

Hi Maht,
Me too! I was locked out of many of my favourite blogs - including yours. Couldn't understand why. Very frustrating when you've written an excellent, inspired post, only to find you can do nothing with it! Then I discovered the key ... I simply had to log into a google account, which was easy ... just a login and password ... no big form to fill in. Hooray!

Caroline said...

Oh my goodness!!!!!!
I was a lurker and lurkers are creepy! But I'm not creepy ... I'm more sticky ;-0
Laugh out loud - no offence taken at all!!!!!!!!

Cx

The Moon Topples said...

Shameless: lovely to see you again. But the joke was "...locked out of many of my favo(u)rite blogs, and yours.

Caroline: well, now I don't know what to think. Sorry to hear about your stickiness problem.