Friday, December 04, 2009

A Mahrathon


Hello, Blogreader.

Beginning today at 4:48 CST, I will be doing a charity fundraiser to benefit Heifer International. Basically, it consists of me streaming a 26.2-hour dj set over the internet.

If you would like to tune in, you can click here. It works fine through iTunes. I think it also works through Windows Media.

It'll be mainly indie music from this decade, but I'm likely to take plenty of detours backward in time as well. Probably won't stray too far in the other direction, as I'm not a huge fan of the music that'll be coming out in the future.

The money I raise will be donated to Heifer International's Eastern Uganda Umbrella Project. I think Heifer is a pretty neat group. They're international in aim, and I particularly like how they structure the gifting so that the recipients later pass on livestock, plants and training equivalent to the original gift to another needy group in the future.

To make a donation and help out, you can click the following:








Thanks for reading and/or tuning in. I promise that my next post will not ask any of you for money.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bravo, what phrase..., a remarkable idea